Bone Marrow- Stem Cell Transplantation
We Give Life To Hope
Medipol University Hospital taking sure steps towards becoming an important reference center in the field of health, also serves with Bone Marrow- Stem Cell Transplantation Center. The unit aims to meet the necessity of bone marrow transplantation in patients not only from Turkey but also around the world has all the facilities of latest technology.
Medipol University Hospital Bone Marrow- Stem Cell Transplantation Center consists of outpatient, inpatient department, modern laboratories and intensive care unit.
In addition to ensuring the international standards by Strong academics taking part in the bone-marrow stem cell transplantation center; -all services are provided as needed by the patient.
In Bone Marrow- Stem Cell Transplantation Center , bone-marrow –stem cell transplantation can be performed in patients having blood diseases such as
- Multiple myeloma (malignant bone marrow disease caused by plasma cells),
- Lymphoma (hematologic lymph node cancer),
- Acute leukemia (blood cancer),
- Chronic leukemia,
- Bone marrow failure, aplastic anemia a kind of bone marrow failure seen in the elderly,
- MDS disease
Pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplants center
Both autologous (patient's himself) and allogeneic (from another person) transplantationa are performed at Medipol University Hospital Pediatric hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplants Center
The central is supported with apheresis unit, pediatric intensive care, pediatric nephrology, pediatric neurology, pediatric cardiology, endocrinology, pediatric gastroenterology and pediatric chest diseases units.
Diseases which have the possibility of treatment with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation at Medipol University Hospital Pediatric Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplants Center are
- leukemia, lymphoma and some cancers which do not respond to treatment
- Congenital or acquired blood diseases (Mediterranean anemia, such as sickle cell anemia)
- Congenital or acquired bone marrow failure (such as aplastic anemia)
- Deficiencies of body defense system (such as the heavy combined immunodeficiency)
- Congenital metabolic diseases (such as adrenoleukodystrophy)
Target oriented, surgery-free single treatment in brain diseases. Being one of the most developed methods in treatment of diseases that affect the brain, Gamma Knife is accepted as golden standard of stereotactic radio surgery. Being one of the most developed methods in treatment of diseases that affect the brain, Gamma Knife is accepted as golden standard of stereotactic radio surgery.
Varian Trilogy Linear
It is possible to combine and administer all methods from 2 and 3 dimensional complex and confirmal treatments with Varian Trilogy Lineer Accelerator -and Eclipse Planning System to most developed IMRT treatments and recently developed RapıdArc treatment method with IGRT technique.