Neurosurgery & Neurology
Diagnosis and treatment of all neurological diseases with modern medicine applications and developed laboratories
Medipol University Hospital Neurology department examines diseases of the brain, brain stem, spinal cord and peripheral nervous and muscle system and applişes non-surgical treatment methods.
Department of Neurology also examines movement disorders, epilepsy, cerebral vascular diseases, sleep disorders and the dementia.
Medipol University Hospital Neurology department offers the possibility of successful treatment with latest technology equipment and developed laboratories (EEG, EMG, sleep laboratory, audiology and balance lab etc.)
Areas of Services
- General Neurological Disorders Clinic
- Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Clinic
- Forgetfulness and Behavioral Disorders Clinic
- Neuromuscular Diseases Clinic
- Cognitive Neuropsychology Lab and Rehabilitation unit
- Clinical Electrophysiology Lab
- In Neurology Department;
- Stroke (brain vessel obstruction, cerebral hemorrhage),
- Amnesia disorders (Alzheimer disease etc.),
- Neuropathies (due to diabetes, genetic, toxic, neuropathies due to several diseases or use of medications etc.),
- Muscular diseases,
- Movement disorders (Parkinson disease, dystonia etc.),
- Conditions with intracranial pressure increase (hydrocephaly, brain tumor, pseudo tumor cerebri etc.),
- Spinal cord diseases,
- Motor neuron diseases (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis),
- Myastenia gravis,
- Multiple sclerosis,
- Sleeping disorders (sleep-apnea syndrome, REM behavior disorder, restless legs syndrome etc.),
- Neurologic complications due to systemic disorders and medications used for several reasons are evaluated and treated.
BAEP tests the tract from ear to auditory center in brain through auditory nerve. It demonstrates any interruption doe to a problem that cause interruption on this tract.
SEP, by stimulating a nerve (in arm or leg), potentials that are formed during the progress of this stimulation through spinal cord up to related center in the brain (brain somatosensorial cortex) are recorded. It gives information if there is any injury at any point along this path. In clinical practice, most commonly used to detect undefined spinal cord involvements in multiple sclerosis disease. However, it is also used in many disorders with spinal cord-brain involvement. This test is recently used in spinal cord surgery peri-operatively to control whether the function of the region regained or not after the injured region repaired and in order to prevent the spinal cord injuries due to operation peri-operatively.
These tests also provide clues in case of detection mental functional disorders; which kind of a disease it is by exploring its type (diagnosis of the disease) and prognosis of the disease (how it will be resulted).
- Commonly for the correction of speech disorders (Aphasia) following strokes or head traumas,
- For the correction of attention and memorial disorders cognitive impairments that develop following head trauma,
- Correction of the mental disorders emerge after neurologic mental disorders that cause mental functional disorders (Multiple sclerosis, encephalitis etc.).