Organ Transplantation Center
Life Starts Where There Is Hope
Medipol University Hospital Organ Transplantation Center, consists of highly experienced transplant surgeons, adult and pediatric nephrologists, adult and pediatric gastroenterologist, anesthesia specialist, diagnostic and interventional radiologists, pathologists, transplant coordinators, nurses, psychologists and social workers.
The main purpose of this great team is not only transplantation but also to give the best health care in all kinds of surgical diseases of the biliary tract, liver and pancreas glands in the shortest timewith high-tech equipment and experience
Medipol University Hospital organ transplant team has senior experience the field of liver and kidney transplants. So far, having a strong team capable of liver and kidney transplant with successfully gained results practiced with the surgical technique not only for the adults but also children below 1 year old and 10 kg, is able to compete with the most advanced centers in the world.
Diseases Which Can Be Performed Liver Transplantation For Children And Adults In Our Center:
- Liver tumors that have not spread outside the liver (HCC)
- Some slowly progressing tumors that invaded liver (neuroendocrine tumors)
- Fulminant hepatic failure
- Some parasitic diseases such as alveolar hydatid cyst
- Innate metabolic diseases and haematological diseases (Trizonia me, Wilson's disease, familial hypercholesterolemia type 1 etc.)
- Posttraumatic major liver injuries
Large proportion of diseases that cause kidney failure can be performed kidney transplantation in all age groups. The most common diseases which kidney transplant can be done are:
- Existing congenital disorders (aplasia, hypoplasia)
- Cystic kidney disease (polycystic kidney disease)
- Glomeronephritis (MPGN, RPGN etc.).
- Hereditary disorders (Alport's syndrome, Fabry's disease, etc.).
- Tubulointestisyel nephritis
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Neurogenic bladder
- Vascular diseases (nephrosclerosis, HUS, TTP, and so on.)
- Kidney stones
At Medipol University Hospital all examinations of patients referred for transplant Organ Transplant Center is completed carefully. Patients are made ready for transplantatıonj within a short perıod of 4 to 7 days. Then the transplantation process is performed at the shortest time. "quick call system" established by the team believes that one of the most important factors in the success of organ transplantation is patient follow-up after the transplantation, patients can reach to their physicians in any time wherever they need.