Tiny Bodies, Great Work!
Specialized and experienced pediatric surgeons with the most modern technology methods
Medipol hospital university Department of Pediatric Surgery is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of common surgical diseases of infancy, childhood and adolescence period (0-18 years). Pediatric surgery department is also where the necessary surgery for the correction of severe congenital anomalies of newborn which appeared before or after birth are performed.
Department of Pediatric Surgery; working in a wide area operates in the treatment of common childhood problems and area of simple surgical procedures such as noncardiac thoracic surgery, oncologic surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, child endocrine surgery, child gynecology, diagnostic and interventional endoscopic applications, laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgery, severe congenital abnormalities, trauma surgery, hernia, appendicitis, undescended testicles.
During the procedures, the protection of children's mental health, providing a comfortable and painless operation period are expected. thanks to the availability of More reliable anesthesia drugs and facilities provided by the technology infants and children can be given general anesthesia in any required cases (small and large operations, circumcision, during tests such as computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging).
Appropriate to the age of each patient, preoperative preparation (required pre-operative tests and examinations) and sedation (anxiety and excitement reducing drug applications) are applied.
Diagnosis and treatment in pediatric surgery, in pediatric urology
Some of the common pediatric surgery diseases and their treatments;
- Thoracoscopic-laparoscopic-endoscopic-cystoscopic initiatives
- Laparoscopic treatment of appendicitis in children
- Inguinal hernia, hydrocele, cord cyst
- Undescended testicle
- Urgent cases of testicular and bladder (acute scrotum and testicular torsion)
>Return testicles (testicular torsion)
>Other emergency conditions related to the testicles
- Umbilical Hernia
- Umbilical Granuloma
- Torticollis (torticollis)
- Labial adhesions
- Blood from the anus to arrive Situation
>Intestinal intussusception (intussusception)
>Rectal Polyps (Juvenile polyps)
>Cracks in the anus (anal fissure)
- Constipation and encopresis in children (Fecal Incontinence Disease)
- Gastric Outlet Obstruction of Baby (Infantile Plr Stenosis)
- Circumcision (newborn and childhood)
- Tumor surgery (abdominal and thoracic cavity localized)
- Removal of foreign bodies from Air and digestive tract
- Diseases related to pediatric urology (Hypospadias, vesicoureteral reflux)
- Single-stage treatment of Hirschsprung's disease
- Newborn congenital diseases (diaphragmatic hernia, esophageal atresia, anal and intestinal atresia)
First in Turkey! The world's most advanced robot is in Medipol... The world's most advanced surgical robot is present in Medipol University Hospital as the first time in Turkey. Important operations are performed by interventions from small holes with surgical robot which is one of the most important developments of that technology presented to medicine. This system provides great comfort and convenience to both surgeon and the patient.