Address For Children’s Health
Medipol University Department of Pediatrics protects the health of the children at any ages with all branches related to children’s health and treats the diseases with its emphatic academic team and latest technology. Diagnosis, treatment and follow up plans of childhood period diseases between 0-16 age range are successfully done.
Medipol University Department of Pediatrics gives service with colored outpatient rooms specially designed for children, play ground and waiting hall. With this environment, children don’t feel themselves at a hospital but at home and play ground environment.
Medipol University Department of Pediatrics gives 7/24 service in all branches stated below for a healthy generation and children with deteriorated health soon meet their health.
Department of pediatrics minor areas of expertise:
In Neonatology Unit, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of newborn patients in the first month of life (non-surgical patients) are done being hospitalized. Neonatal jaundice, neonatal infectious diseases and the problems of premature infants are the most common diseases.
Endoscopic procedures that these services require- ( examination of duodenum, esophagus-stomach with a tool having lens on the tip of it), colonoscopy (stretching examination of the large intestine), rectosigmoidoscopy (visual examination of the last 30 cm of the colon) - 24 hours esophageal pH monitoring (examination of leakage of the acid content from the stomach to the esophagus), capsules or endoscopic intestinal biopsy, liver biopsy, treatment of the varicose in patients having esophageal varicose bleeding via needle or connecting, bone marow and spleen aspiration for the diagnosis of of certain hereditary diseases are sucessfully done.
Diagnosis and treatments of bronchial asthma (allergic and non-allergic), allergic rhinitis (allergic rhinitis), all allergic diseases especially food, medicine and skin are managed by targeting best results.
All clinical blood tests, skin tests, pulmonary function tests and exposure tests of bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, food allergy, drug allergy, and atopic dermatitis are perfomed withn the department laboratories.
All surgical treatments of any congenital cardiac diseases from newborns to adults are done.
Team of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery consists of , pediatric cardiac surgeons, pediatric cardiologists, pediatric cardiac anesthesia and intensive care specialists, neonatologists, pediatric intensive care nurses and perfusionists who are experts in their fields.
Pediatric Neurology Department involves with the neurologic problems of children from birth to the end of the 17 years. Most common diseases encountered in the Pediatric Neurology Department are;
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Neuromuscular system disorders
- Congenital progressive metabolic and/or degenerative diseases developing as the result of deficiency or accumulation of some essential elements
- Multiple sclerosis developing as a result of immune system problems
- SSPE and neurologic problems
Also, Pediatric Neurology monitors the patients with cerebral palsy and stroke with preterm risky babies.
Diagnosis and appropriate treatments of the epilepsy patients are determined with routine EEG/long term EEG-Video monitoring, 3 Tesla magnetic resonance imaging that slice images can be obtained, functional MR, ictal and inter ictal SPECT and PET examinations.
Urine blood amino ascites, urine organic acid, tandem mass, lactate , private and ammoniac etc. metabolic tests which are necessary for definition of metabolic diseases can be done and karyotype analysis, Duchenne muscular atrophy, myotonic dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), Rett syndrome, metachromatic leuco- dystrophy analyses, Fragile-X chromosome analysis, sub telomere deletion (FISH) analysis, MECP2 mutation, Prader Willi/Angelman methylation analysis, Array-CGH (comparative genomic hybridization) etc. tests in undiagnosed diseases can be done in the contracted genetic laboratories.
In patients with specific learning difficulties, neuro psychometric evaluation appropriate for age and audiology evaluations are being performed to the patients with speech delay and disorder. Risky babies and patients with motor development retardation are taken to early physiotherapy program.
- Vesicoureteral reflux,
- Childhood hypertension,
- Pediatric stone disease,
- Proteinuria, hematuria syndrome
- Renal failure (chronic akut-) are other disease groups evaluated at the Department of Pediatric Nephrology.
- The diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to children's urinary and reproductive organs are;
- Renal cysts, tumors and stone disease
- Kidney ureter junction obstruction (UPJ)
- Ureter bladder junction obstruction (stenosis UVJ
- Ureteral dilatation, calculus
- Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) (urine leakage from the bladder into the ureter)
- Bladder infections, urinary stone disease
- Exstrophy of vouchers
- Sub-opening of the urethra in boys (hypospadias) (circumcision of the prophet)
- Undescended testicles, hydrocele, spermatic cord cyst
- Orchiepididymitis (testicular inflammation), balanitis-postit (inflammation of the foreskin), and infections such as prostatitis