Thoracic Diseases and Surgery
a breath of health!
Succesful and safe surgical interventions with developed oppurtunities of modern medicine
Medipol University Hospital Thoracic Surgery Department serves with most developed facilities of modern medicine and team of expert physicians.
Areas of services:
- Lung cancer
- Pleura cancer (mesothelioma)
- Tracheal tumors
- Narrowing of trachea
- Tumors of the thymus gland
- Advanced pulmonary emphysema
- Tearing of the pulmonary membrane (pneumothorax)
- Collection of fluid in the chest cavity
- Inflammation of the pleura (empyema)
- Chest deformity (Receding or protruding ribcage)
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
- Chest trauma (stabbing, firearm injury, fractures occuring due to reasons such as traffic accident or falling, bleeding or organ injuries)
- Herniation of organs in the vicinity of diaphragm
- Excessive hand sweating (hyperhidrosis)
take a deep breath!
From asthma to sleeping disorder, superior diagnosis and treatment of any lung disease
Medipol University Hospital Thoracic Surgery Department serves its patients with experienced academic staff.
- Diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer,
- Diagnosis and treatment of COPD,
- Diagnosis and treatment of asthma
- Performing skin test (= prick allergy test) in patients presenting allergic complaints (nasal itching, sneezing, shortness of breath)
- Starting immunotherapy to appropriate patients (allergy vaccine therapy)
- RFT for measuring lung function (respiratory function test)
- Hospitalization of patients requiring advanced tests,
- Services for quitting smoking
are available at Medipol University Hospital Thoracic Surgery Department.
- All bronchoscopic procedures and advanced examination-diagnosis methods,
- EBUS (endobronchial ultrasound) guided biopsies,
- Endobronchial treatment of benign or malignant tumors causing airway strictures with guidance of rigid bronchoscope
- Stent placement in appropriate patients,
- Foreign body removal etc.
are available at bronchoscopy unit.
Sleeping disorders unit
In the Sleeping Disorders Unit, diagnosing sleep apnea (snoring and sleep breathlessness) syndrome, evaluation with neurology and psychiatry branches and diagnosis and and treatment of sleep disorders are done.